Friday 18 June 2010

Tweet ... I think I need help!

Well the Twitter account is up and running and it looks like it might be fun. However, I have failed miserably in my search for other Cam23 participants ... Oh dear, I must be doing something wrong. I have found the Jerwood Library in Grenwich, London, so now I am having a massive IDENTITY CRISIS. Surely my library is in Cambridge and has nothing to do with the performing arts? Help! It's late on Friday, so I'm going to ask my trusty right-hand-woman to help me out on Monday to find other cam23 tweets. There must be lots out there!

I was going to do a screenshot of my first tweet. However, suddenly everyone is tweeting and Twitter is over capacity - so here's that instead!



Well, I'm back on and excited now - I've picked up one follower already and become their follower too. Twitter is definitely getting better!


So what about Twitter for libraries? The Jerwood Library now has a Twitter account set up by 'girl Friday' so we can start tweeting. I think Twitter will be useful for general reminders to students (along the lines of 'Vacation borrowing starts today') and for advertising new developments with links to our web-page (for more info). Twitter should be great for this (and like email) will go directly to our users. We'll definitely use Twitter in future!

3 comments:

  1. I found that point 5 on http://23thingscambridge.blogspot.com/2010/06/thing-7-create-twitter-account-and.html
    gave me a link to click to follow lots of cam23 ers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also if you click on the #cam23 tag - you see all the tweets that have used that tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Calon Lan and LibChris, thanks so much for your help! I'm so dumb, I hadn't thought of cliking on the links (I was typing them in the Twitter "people" search box instead and getting nothing). Thank you to Rob too who showed me that you can search in the Twitter box using '#cam23'. These things are obvious once someone shows you...

    ReplyDelete