Monday 7 June 2010

OMG just remembered to blog about Thing 4

Spent a glorious time looking at other Cam23 blogs - I wonder if it could be called "bloggeling"? There must be a word for it already! Anyway, hours passed and I was still only halfway down the list .. help, I need to speed scan my way through.

What can blogging offer libraries? Well, from all the wonderful blogs Cam librarians have created already - it seems there's plenty. Firstly, it has created a vibrant web community of Cambridge librarians who are sharing ideas, helping each other and getting to know new colleagues. Secondly, it is a way to get information out to library users. Perhaps I could use it for weekly new accessions lists (the RSS feed only provides data for the previous day)? Or perhaps I might also create a blog for the Old Library to provide news and updates on our on-gong cataloguing project? I'm sure people have lots more ideas - I'd love to hear from them!

Meanwhile continuing the emerging Cam 23 cat theme here's some pics: "Getting to grips with the 23 Things"

2 comments:

  1. Pics are great! Would love to hear what you get up to on the blogging front as I have been trying to think what I can do. I just don't have any time!!! Maybe I need to ask one of the wonderful Cam 23 Thing-ers to do set one up for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, I'll let you know! I'm still mulling over possibilities. Once the Cam23 programme is over I 'm hoping to launch into the blogosphere. On the question of time - help, I don't have any either. If I do one thing, something else gets dropped. I went on a great Time Management day course on Wednesday and the advice was delegation - something I can see you've already thought of!

    ReplyDelete