Monday 28 June 2010

Flood of images

The Voyager upgrade has given me time to catch up on the 23 Things. Hooray! So here I am on Thing 9 and exploring Flickr... I've found some wonderful pictures of the library - they will be really useful for library guides, the website and publicity. Here's a screenshot:


I love the Library of Congress page of Mystery Pictures - what a great idea to get the public to help identify images in your archive. As for the photos of inside the UL - they are absolutely wonderful. If I saw such beautiful images of my library I'd be really pleased!

2 comments:

  1. My plan was to catch up this week as well but somehow the day has dribbled away without me doing the next 'thing'. Ah well..... I think it was great that the pics of the UL made it on to Flickr. We found a fabulous picture of the English Library with students in one of the students newspapers this last term and we were so pleased we put it up on our plasma screen (with permission of course!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, time really is in short supply. However, I was alarmed by how far behind I'd got with Cam23. So I made a resolution to do one thing a day until I'd caught up. Of course, that means I haven't been able to do other pressing tasks... I must get myself back into focus on the 'real' world. Hope you are not too overwhelmed by work. It's disapointing that the vac turns out to be just as busy as term time but in a different way!

    ReplyDelete