Tuesday 24 August 2010

Google Docs

Am I the Theo Pahitis of Cam23? I created a Google Doc to share with my Cam23 'buddy' and emailed an invitation to her to add her comments to the document - BUT she can't access it. I've tried emailing it to her again but the poor little doc is still all alone with no-one to share it! I was really worried until I read Aidan's post. At least I'm not the only one with sharing problems!

The principle behind Google Docs is really good, so long as other people can access them too. With that in mind I have now published my Google Doc on the web so that everyone can see it and edit it too! If you have any great tips on 'Moving house' why not add them here?

As with all new applications, getting the best out of Google Docs involves experimentation. However, there's lots of potential in this application for breaking down barriers between people scattered across the globe and for promoting collaborative projects. It's another tool for librarians to promote to their users to help them, organise their scholarly output: from organising conferences and meetings, to collaborating on papers

1 comment:

  1. Update! After initial failure and re-sending the Google Doc, my Cam23 buddy was able to open it and add her comments along with a great picture. Success at last and a much improved document as a result of collaboration.

    ReplyDelete