Tuesday 17 August 2010

Not yet on the home strait

Here we go again! This time it's LinkedIn. I know a lot of people use this for professional networking - so I've created an account. I was surprised to see how many people from my college are already on LinkedIn. Our college Development Director hopes to use it to create a network of alumni in various professions so that they can help new graduates. The idea is for them to be available to provide advice, information and links to particular professions. This seems an excellent use of LinkedIn - a network for professional use.

I found searching LinkedIn a bit frustrating. You have to sift through a lot of results to find the person you want. However, I expect this problem is circumvented once you have created your network. Also, I haven't joined any groups yet - so I'm going to do that now! On balance I think this is a great tool for linking professionals and I will certainly use it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment